In September 2019, Chorlton CLT was one of sixteen community land trusts to be awarded a share of £329,000 to strengthen their membership base and be champions of inclusivity, equality and diversity.
Polly Adams-Felton, Project Manager at the National CLT Network, said:
“The Cohesive Communities Fund is a wonderful opportunity for groups to build capacity and truly representative memberships. The money will help groups reach out to more people who want to be involved and will undoubtedly have huge amounts to offer but have previously not been able to connect and collaborate with projects.”
In order to baseline how well Chorlton CLT reflected our local community of Chorlton and Chorlton Park wards at the start of this project, we were asked to report how the demographics of our board and membership compared with that of our local area i.e. Chorlton and Chorlton Park wards.
In February 2020, we asked our board members and ordinary members to complete a simple anonymous survey, to give us data which could be directly compared with the 2011 census data for our local area.
Around 80% of our membership live in the local area. Most of the remaining 20% live in neighbouring council wards. The overall response rate was more than 46%.
The charts below show the results of the February 2020 survey, and give one view of who we are, but of course do not give a full picture of the full diversity of our membership.